Secretary/translator - Notice of vacancy (12 months)
Уншсан тоо: 93
The Ministry of Labour and Social Protection (MLSP) is implementing L3086-MON: “Additional Financing of Food and Nutrition, Social Welfare Project” financed by Asian Development Bank (ADB). The Project has two outputs: (i) upgrading information technology (IT) processes and systems to deliver more efficient and transparent social welfare and social insurance services; and (ii) reforming social welfare and strengthening social protection. The MLSP is seeking to recruit experienced and qualified individual for the Secretary/Translator position for L3086-MON: “Additional Financing of Food and Nutrition, Social Welfare Project”.
- SCOPE OF SERVICES
The Secretary/Translator will be a full-time staff of the Project Implementation Unit (PIU) stationed in Ulaanbaatar, and report to the Project Coordinator. The Secretary/Translator will provide secretarial and translation support to ensure the smooth project implementation; and handle basic office tasks to ensure the smooth workflow of PIU daily works.
- DETAILED TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The main duties and responsibilities of the Secretary/Translator are to provide secretarial duties and translation services to ensure the smooth operation of the PIU, to provide assistance to the Project Coordinator, and to enhance efficiency of the Project. S/he will perform the assigned tasks under the direct supervision and guidance of the Project Coordinator.
- Manage the routine project correspondence and register the incoming and outgoing letters, faxes and documents;
- Provide interpretation and translation;
- Establish maintenance/archiving system for the record keeping, filing and archiving the project documents including plans, reports, contracts, proposals, digital photos, newspaper ads and articles and etc.;
- Make necessary arrangements and provide support for the project review missions by MLSP and ADB;
- Coordinate and schedule the project related meetings and travels;
- Take minutes of the meetings, as needed;
- Provide logistical support for events organized under the project;
- Draft official letters and faxes for Project Coordinator and Specialists;
- Support the procurement activities by keeping records and copies of procurement documents, contracts, proposals and other documents as required by the MLSP and ADB;
- Handle the PIU petty cash and ensure the proper supporting documents for small expenditures in cash such as original receipts, invoices, VAT voucher, signed attendance register and other required supporting documents with proper date, signature and stamp;
- Monitor the consumption of fuel and oil and maintenance costs for the PIU car, and keep the Financial Management Specialist informed;
- Handle purchase of office standard expendable supplies and beverage service subsidies based on the PIU needs;
- Maintain inventory records for PIU furniture and equipment procured under loan proceeds and conduct the physical verification of assets on the semi-annual basis;
- Maintain the proper attendance sheet for PIU staff and submit those to the Project Coordinator and Financial Management Specialist for review and calculation of the PIU staff salary; and
- Purchase office supplies.
- QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SECRETARY/TRANSLATOR
- Bachelor’s of higher degree in English linguistics, international relations and business administration;
- Minimum 5-year prior working experience in English translation field;
- Prior working experience in international financial institutions, including Asian Development Bank and World Bank;
- Prior working experience in the field of social protection would be an advantage; and
- Advanced and high proficiency in English.
- APPLICATION PROCESS
If you meet the required qualifications of the advertised position, please, submit (i) civil servant’s application, (ii) curriculum vitae in English and Mongolian, (iii) copies of diploma(s) and certificate(s) with English translation, and (iv) reference letter(s) from past employer(s) (English and Mongolian) in a sealed envelope by 10 AM of 24 June 2019 to the below address. Incomplete applications will be excluded from further consideration. Only short-listed candidates will be jointly interviewed by the MLSP and ADB. Submitted documents will not be returned to the applicant.
Submission address: Project Implementation Unit Office
State Owned Building XI, Room 410 and 411
Sukhbaatar District, 8th khoroo, Baga Toiruu 44a,
Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia Phone: +976-11323473, +976-70002140
MINISTRY OF LABOUR AND SOCIAL PROTECTION